This integration guide is specifically for the Catapult Smartabase connector, which is set-up and managed by Smartabase. To view the article on the Catapult vendor connector, click here.
This integration may come with an additional cost from Catapult. For more information, please speak to your Smartabase consultant.
Catapult GPS is used widely across a range of sporting codes, such as rugby, Australian football, American football, soccer and baseball. Catapult’s independently validated wearable technology can help coaches prepare their athletes for competition and effectively manage their training workloads. Integrating Catapult or other wearable technology data provides opportunities for directly comparing objective workloads and exertion to other information stored in Smartabase. For example, you could overlay injuries with daily distance or workload to better understand the loads an athlete may have been experiencing around the time of an injury.
Setting up your Smartabase site to integrate with the Catapult Connector
What we need from you
Not much! Once you’ve confirmed you’d like to go ahead with the integration, one of the Smartabase team will set it up for you.
What Smartabase will do
Your Smartabase consultant will add the Catapult Session event form to your site, which will connect with and store all data from Catapult. You can work with your Smartabase consultant to ensure the appropriate roles have access to view this information, as well as any dashboards set up to visualize the data.
Please speak to your Smartabase consultant before adding any new fields to the Catapult Session event form as it may have unintended consequences.
Once the Catapult connector is set up and people’s accounts have been mapped (using the steps below), historical data will automatically be synced between the two platforms. Data is typically synced every hour, however the sync time can be configured by your Smartabase consultant. When back-syncing, Smartabase will look for data from the past 7 days.
How are people’s accounts mapped between Catapult and Smartabase?
Smartabase uses the Catapult Athlete ID to map people’s accounts between the platforms. When this integration is initially set up, your Smartabase consultant will be able to retrieve and map this information for you. The values are imported into the Catapult profile form using the standard data import process:
- Open the Smartabase main application on a web browser. Ensure you’ve loaded a group that contains all the people that you’re mapping.
- Select Import profile data. Provided you have permission to do this, it will appear as a front page button or within the navigation bar.
- Choose the Catapult profile form.
- Add a CSV file containing the list of people to map and their Athlete ID numbers (this can be provided by your Smartabase consultant), then click Upload. You do not need to generate a template for this task.
- Choose the appropriate Identifiers from the dropdown. These will be the columns containing the names of the people you’re mapping. If the names aren’t an exact match, you’ll be able to manually search for and map the correct people to the names in the file.
- Confirm the CSV columns have mapped correctly to the form.
- Click Next, then click Import.
To add people after this initial import, you can either add the details for an individual using Profile data entry or complete the import process for multiple new accounts at once. Your Smartabase consultant will be happy to provide guidance throughout this process.