Notes first published November 12, 2021
Update available from November 9, 2021
Version 1.29.2 of the Smartabase Athlete app is ready for you to use. The latest update contains more support for offline mode and a few bug fixes.
More support for offline mode
In the last Athlete app release, we announced initial support for offline use. In this release, we've made some additional developments in this space, including how database and video fields are handled when you're offline. If you lose network connection while a video field is loading in an event form, an error message will be displayed in the place of the video.
If you lose your Internet connection when interacting with a database field in an event form, you'll still be able to view the database options, but they will appear semi-transparent and won't be selectable.
General improvements and bug fixes
- We’ve added support for pushing Over-The-Air updates. This means bug fixes and new updates can be sent to you without you needing to download them from your app store.
- We’ve resolved an issue where people weren't able to add a new row to a table if the first field was a calculation.
- We’ve fixed an issue where Apple Health forms appeared on the New data entry and Update favorites screens. Existing records for these forms will still display in the My data screen.
- We’ve resolved an issue where new users would receive an error message on their first login, saying that they are not an athlete.
- We’ve made some additional small improvements to the Apple Health integration.
Highlights from your last Athlete app release notes
In the last release notes, for version 1.29 of the Athlete app, we announced initial support for offline mode and reminder notifications for the Apple Health integration.
If you missed those release notes, you can read them here.