Notes first published August 13, 2021
Update available from August 3, 2021
Version 6.9 of Smartabase is being gradually released right now and includes updates to Smartabase’s appearance and responsiveness. Here’s a short list of what’s new:
- A new favicon and more modern fonts.
- Performance and load handling improvements.
- Support for LastPass.
A new favicon and more modern fonts
We want to show you a more modern interface that’s in line with our new brand, so when you log into Smartabase, you’ll see the new Smartabase logo as the favicon as well as new fonts for headers and titles.
To protect the readability of larger pieces of text, the body font hasn’t changed, so you’ll see the same font you’re used to for buttons, field names, instructions and data.
Performance and load handling improvements
We’ve done a lot of work behind the scenes to improve Smartabase’s responsiveness and stability. We’ve improved our logging capability so that we can better understand calls being made to the server, detect issues earlier, and address them more quickly. Work has also been done to decrease the time it takes to debug and recover from server incidents. Along with these enhancements to the performance and load handling capacity of the Smartabase web app, we’ve added support for faster performance in other applications, like the Smartabase Athlete app.
Support for LastPass
You can now use LastPass to manage your Smartabase credentials. This means you’ll be able to autofill your login information from your LastPass vault as well as have the option to securely share secrets within your organization. We support LastPass for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
- Smartabase administrators can now reset multi-factor authentication (MFA) keys for people who need to update their authentication app settings for generating MFA codes.
- We’ve fixed an issue where that caused US mobile numbers in forms to display using scientific notation instead of the expected format.
Highlights from your last Smartabase release notes
In the last release notes, for version 6.8 of Smartabase, we announced:
- New layout and capabilities for save properties.
- Improved multi-factor authentication set-up process.
If you missed those release notes, you can read them here.