Notes first published April 2, 2020
Update available from April 2, 2020
View the Smartabase Builder release notes here.
View the Smartabase Administrator release notes here.
Version 6.4 of Smartabase will shortly become available for you to explore. It builds on our recent security updates and ensures your systems are even more secure.
Improvements to how signature and entered on fields are handled within tables
The signature and entered on fields are an important component of forms which support medical and legal processes. We have improved them in several ways that make them more secure when used in tables or when you use group entry mode:
- When a table row is duplicated, neither the signature nor the entered on field will be duplicated with the rest of the data.
- A duplicated signature field will be blank and a duplicated entered on field will calculate the correct date for the new row.
In a table, once a signature field has been entered:
- You can't use the Fill Down or Copy Last options to copy a signature from a previous table row.
- You can't use the Fill Down Entire Row option to copy signatures from previous table rows.
Please note that if a row is overwritten by using the Fill Down Entire Row option, any signature fields in that row will be cleared.
General security improvements and bug fixes
- We continue to engage in regular code scans and penetration testing. This results in a more secure platform across the board. Moreover, many of our clients have specific security requirements. Our sports science service team can help to prepare your Smartabase site for the demands of your environment.
- People couldn't access a file that was uploaded via a Multiple file upload field that was entered using group entry mode or a multi-athlete selector field. This is now fixed.
- We've fixed a problem that meant the password criteria error message was wrong in certain cases.
- A rare issue with incorrect event dates for records created using group entry mode has been resolved.
- Changes to Chrome affected the ability to preview PDF files in Smartabase. We've updated Smartabase to account for this and PDFs can be previewed again.