Notes first published August 13, 2021
Update available from August 3, 2021
Version 6.9 of Smartabase is being gradually released right now and includes updates to Smartabase’s appearance and responsiveness. Here’s a short list of what’s new:
- A new favicon and more modern fonts.
- Performance and load handling improvements.
- Support for LastPass.
A new favicon and more modern fonts
We want to show you a more modern interface that’s in line with our new brand, so when you log into Smartabase, you’ll see the new Smartabase logo as the favicon as well as new fonts for headers and titles.
To protect the readability of larger pieces of text, the body font hasn’t changed, so you’ll see the same font you’re used to for buttons, field names, instructions and data.
Performance and load handling improvements
We’ve done a lot of work behind the scenes to improve Smartabase’s responsiveness and stability. We’ve improved our logging capability so that we can better understand calls being made to the server, detect issues earlier, and address them more quickly. Work has also been done to decrease the time it takes to debug and recover from server incidents.
Along with these enhancements to the performance and load handling capacity of the Smartabase web app, we’ve added support for faster performance in other applications, like the Smartabase Athlete app.
Support for LastPass
You can now use LastPass to manage your Smartabase credentials. This means you’ll be able to autofill your login information from your LastPass vault as well as have the option to securely share secrets within your organization. We support LastPass for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
- We’ve clarified the content of the warning message that appears when you remove or change a field in a form. The warning message will now tell you the total number of records potentially affected by your change, instead of the total number of data points.
- We’ve fixed a discrepancy in the options for the best value property - the tooltip for this advanced field property was erroneously included in the available options.
- We’ve resolved an issue that allowed true/false and yes/no question types to be left blank even when set as required fields. This affected people entering data using the mobile web version of Smartabase and the legacy Smartabase mobile app.
- We’ve also fixed a related issue that permitted people to leave required number fields blank when the unit property was set.
- We’ve fixed an error that affected the profile linked text calculation type when used to display date data.
- We’ve resolved an issue that prevented some records from being saved if minimum and maximum date properties were set for date fields and the same date was entered for both fields.
- We’ve fixed a bug that meant maximum character limits weren’t being applied to single line text fields.
Highlights from your last Smartabase release notes
In the last release notes, for version 6.8 of Smartabase, we announced:
- New layout and capabilities for save properties.
- Calculate exponentially weighted moving average.
If you missed those release notes, you can read them here.