Notes first published September 1, 2020
Update available from September 1, 2020
Version 6.6 of Smartabase is on its way to your site. This release combines valuable updates to existing tools with user experience improvements for everyone, but especially administrators and builders. Here’s a short list of what’s new:
- Reference more information from Smartabase accounts in event forms
- Built dashboards can now be exported and imported
- New workflows for enterprise servers to improve switching between sites
- Internationalization enhancements for Dutch, Spanish and French languages
- Ongoing improvements and bug fixes
Reference more information from Smartabase accounts in event forms
Event forms and profile forms can include personal details from the account the data is being entered against, such as name, date of birth, sex and email address. We’ve now added the ability to reference information from the middle name, known as and language fields as well as whether the account is active or not. Specifically, there are six new options you can choose to link into a form:
- Middle Name
- Known As
- Full Name with Middle Name
- First Character Middle Name
Export and import your dashboards
This exciting new feature allows you to export a dashboard you’ve created on a Smartabase site, and import it into a different site. This enhancement will be a big time-saver, in particular for our enterprise customers sharing dashboards across different child sites. For more information on how you can import and export your dashboards, check out the dashboard builder version 2.36 release notes.
Change between enterprise sites more easily with enhanced site switching
This is another feature that’s been added for enterprise customers and simplifies navigation across sites. Previously, to change site you would need to manually change the web URL to the correct site. Now, if your account has access across multiple sites, you’ll see a new item at the top of your builder, administrator and main interface homepage that will allow you to directly choose the site you’d like to navigate to. To use this feature, you will also need to be assigned to a role which provides the system permission to Allow Site Switching.
Internationalization enhancements for Dutch, French and Spanish
We’ve made some further improvements to how we handle and support languages other than English. This is part of a large ongoing project to make Smartabase more accessible in different languages, with Dutch, French and Spanish now approaching completion. These updates are specifically related to ensuring all remaining aspects of Smartabase have their own localization.
Updates will be applied for Dutch translations with the initial release of version 6.6, and the French and Spanish updates will be added soon after via a patch release.
General improvements and bug fixes
- We’ve fixed some minor styling issues which appeared when creating history calculations in the builder interface.
- We’ve added a new error message which displays in the builder interface when building event forms. Now you’ll be warned if you add Historical to the beginning of a field name, which interferes with the syntax used by history calculations.
Highlights from your last Smartabase release notes
In the last release notes, for Smartabase version 6.5, we announced:
- Collapsible sidebars in the Smartabase administrator, builder and main interfaces.
- Improved user experience when accessing the data specification tool.
If you missed those release notes, you can read them here.