Notes first published November 25, 2020
Update available from November 25, 2020
View the Smartabase Builder release notes here.
View the Smartabase Administrator release notes here.
We’ve been working hard getting version 6.7 of Smartabase ready for you to use. This release includes more ways to give the right people relevant information, new options to encourage good password habits and user experience improvements. Here’s a short list of what’s new:
- Re-styled notifications for the Smartabase web app.
- The login screen automatically reloads after logout.
Quickly view and dismiss system notifications
System notifications commonly appear when you complete an action or an error occurs when you’re using Smartabase in your browser. We received feedback that system notifications sometimes interfered with navigating through Smartabase, and it wasn’t clear that clicking on a notification would close it. As part of this release, we’ve moved system notifications to the bottom right-hand corner of the screen, which keeps the rest of your screen clear to use other Smartabase tools. We’ve also added a close icon to the notification box, so it’s even easier to dismiss the message once you’ve seen it.
We’ve also added the ability to customize the message duration. If you’d like to change the default notification duration time on your site, please get in touch with your Smartabase consultant.
Come back to Smartabase more easily
Like the enhancements to system notifications, this update focused on improving the look and feel of Smartabase. Now when you log out of your account you will be automatically taken back to the log-in screen, instead of having to click to reload the page.
General improvements and bug fixes
- All Smartabase notification emails (such as password resets, performance alerts, daily reminders and more) now come from firstname.lastname@example.org. We made this change to reduce unnecessary responses to our support email and to encourage members of your organization to reach out to you for support that’s specific to your Smartabase site.
- When you update account details via the user account page (either for your own account or as a coach with the required access to update someone else’s details), you’re required to enter your password to confirm the updates. Now, if you accidentally enter the wrong password, you’ll be able to try again instead of being logged out of the system.
- We’ve increased our support for people using Smartabase in Simplified Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Spanish and Korean. More of the Smartabase elements that you interact with have been professionally translated. Please remember that anything you build or set up in Smartabase yourself (such as event form names, dashboard instructions or performance alert messages) needs to be translated separately from the default Smartabase labels. You can get in touch with your lead Smartabase consultant to assist with this process.
- We’ve fixed an issue where, in some instances, storing images in database records caused an authorization error message when trying to select that record via an event form.
- We’ve also removed the Clear button for signature fields if the viewer’s role only has Read data permission for the form.
- We’ve made improvements to validation checks, which fixed an issue where required fields in tables were being treated as required when they weren’t visible.
- We’ve fixed an issue where icons weren’t displaying correctly when selecting options in an OSICS injury diagram.
- We resolved a problem affecting the event dates of records that were created using the training blocks tool. This fix ensures that newly created training blocks will be unaffected by a time zone related bug. If you’ve experienced any date-related irregularities with your existing training blocks, please contact your lead consultant who can help you update your training blocks.
- We’ve also fixed a bug that affected the finish time of records created in the one-hour window between 11 PM and 12 AM. Records created in this time period now have an AM finish time, not a PM finish time (unless the event duration is manually adjusted such that, for example, the start time is 11 PM and the finish time is 11.30 PM).
- We’ve resolved an issue that prevented the Show all tick box for tables in forms from working correctly. When a table has the Optionally hide rows property set to Yes, the Show all tick box lets people choose whether to display all rows or the two most recently entered rows.
- We identified an issue when referencing time zones in dateformat functions, which resulted in New Zealand Standard Time showing up regardless of the viewer’s actual time zone. Using ‘ZZ’ in a dateformat calculation will return the correct time zone.
- For anyone using Mozilla Firefox as their browser, we’ve fixed the display of body area diagrams to ensure you can always see which body area you’ve selected. A bug meant that any body area you selected didn’t get highlighted, although your selection was recorded and saved as data.
Highlights from your last Smartabase release notes
In the last release notes, for Smartabase version 6.6, we announced:
- A feature for bulk downloading files from the reports and performance history tools.
- Improvements to the handling of multi-factor authentication codes sent via SMS.
- Improved support for using Smartabase in three new languages: Dutch, Spanish and French.
If you missed those release notes, you can read them here.