Notes first published March 28, 2021
Update available from March 28, 2021
Version 1.5 of the Smartabase Kiosk app includes some performance improvements, along with resolutions for a few issues people were experiencing with previous versions of the app.
Improvements to slider fields
We’ve made some improvements to how slider fields display and respond within the Kiosk app. First, sliders displaying longer options will wrap to a new line, like in the example below.
Second, you can now click directly on the slider bar to choose a particular value. Previously you could only change the slider’s value by clicking and dragging its toggle. These new features will speed up and improve the experience for people using the app to fill out fields like wellness metrics, intensity ratings and other similar fields.
Support for role-restricted editing
In this release, you’ll find support for restriction policies. We introduced this feature to Smartabase version 6.7 so that administrators could designate which parts of event forms and profile forms people can edit. Any fields or sections that have restriction policies applied to them are now compatible with event forms on the Kiosk app.
Calculations now run after entering data
In previous versions of the Kiosk app, calculations were processed immediately, including while data was being entered into fields. Since this can reduce performance, we’ve made a change so calculations are processed after you’ve finished interacting with fields. This will boost performance and give you a faster data entry experience.
General improvements and bug fixes
- We now support uploading files with a file size of up to 1.2Gb per file.
- We now support translations to body diagram search options.
- We now support setting invalid options and preventing records from being saved if an invalid response is selected.
- We now support locking criteria in event forms.
- We’ve updated the way sub-groups are listed so they’ll display alphabetically.
- We’ve resolved an issue where table rows were being incorrectly marked as locked.
- We’ve resolved an issue where instructional text was appearing in different font sizes.
- We’ve fixed a problem with adding rows to tables that was affecting some users.
- We’ve resolved an issue where some images referenced from a database record would not display in a table preview.
- We’ve fixed an issue that caused required dropdown fields in tables to default to unselected options.
- We’ve fixed an issue where HTML was being displayed incorrectly in table row summaries.
- We’ve resolved an issue where the app was crashing when a number of records per day was set for an event form and the language was set to Simplified Chinese.
- We’ve resolved an issue where option calculations were not calculating in some instances.
Highlights from your last Kiosk app release notes
In the last release notes, for version 1.4 of the Kiosk app, we announced:
- The ability to sign a record using the signature field.
- Improvements to paragraph text fields.
- Alphabetic search for groups.
If you missed those release notes, you can read them here.