Notes first published November 19, 2020
Update available from November 19, 2020
Version 2.40 of the dashboard builder has arrived!
Use any field from any event form in your dashboards
This release focused on updating how dashboards retrieve information about event forms. Previously as a Smartabase builder, you weren’t able to select the following fields when building dashboard widgets:
- Any fields within event forms that you don’t have the data permission for (via your role).
- Any linked calculation fields that reference event forms that you don’t have the data permission for.
- Any fields that you are restricted from based on the can be viewed by or can be entered by advanced properties. For example, if you aren’t an athlete in any groups, you wouldn’t be able to select a field where can be viewed by is set to Athlete only.
When building dashboards you’ll be able to create widgets from any field in any event form on your Smartabase site, regardless of data permissions or properties. You’ll also be able to open the dashboard in the main interface (provided you have the data permission to the dashboard itself), but won’t be able to see data in any widgets which reference event forms or fields you’re not permitted to access.
General improvements and bug fixes
- When copying filters from a periodization diagram's track, the title of the filter is displayed instead of a blank option in the drop-down list of filters.
- We addressed an issue where table widgets would sometimes fail when changing the field referenced by a column.
Bug fixes that were released between 2.39 and 2.40
- We resolved an issue where changing filter selections would not update data displayed in pie and donut charts.
- We resolved an issue where widgets would not update if they were filtered by a chain of filters.
Highlights from your last dashboard builder release notes
In the last release notes, for version 2.39 of the dashboard builder, we announced further improvements to the way dashboards handle widget filtering.
If you missed those release notes, you can read them here.