Notes first published September 8, 2020
Update available from September 8, 2020
View and build dashboards in Spanish
Following on from Dutch localization in version 2.33 and French localization in version 2.35, people with their account language set to Spanish will now see their dashboards translated into Spanish. This includes the general dashboard interface, as well as any event forms and fields that have been translated on the site. If you’re a builder, the dashboard builder interface will also be fully translated for you. We expect to be adding simplified Chinese as the next supported language in an upcoming release.
Improvements to data processing after changing a filter
We’ve done some significant work to improve the way dashboards handle data when a select box or date picker filter is changed. The new updates aim to greatly reduce dashboard loading times when changing these filters, particularly when large data sets are involved.
General improvements and bug fixes
- We’ve resolved an issue where missing or broken links between widgets and data sources were causing dashboards to crash.
- We received feedback that dashboards were failing to load if the viewer didn’t have role permissions to all of the event forms referenced in the dashboard. This has now been fixed, so you’ll still be able to see the dashboard elements you have permission for.
Highlights from your last dashboard builder release notes
In the last release notes, for version 2.35 of the dashboard builder, we announced:
- Import and export dashboards.
- Set categories independently for categorical charts.
- Improved warning messages.
- Other improvements and bug fixes.
If you missed those release notes, you can read them here.