Notes first published April 23, 2020
Update available from April 23, 2020
Making the dashboard builder a more intuitive experience
This release contains some user experience optimizations that aim to make the process of building and editing dashboards straightforward and intuitive.
Within the properties of the categorical chart widget, the Ignore null values for categories property has become Show null categories. When toggled on, categories with no data will be shown on the chart’s X axis and legend (if enabled). When toggled off, empty categories won’t appear. The behavior of categorical charts doesn’t change, but it should now be easier to quickly understand the effect of this property.
When you add a filter to a widget, you’ll now see more helpful placeholder text in the custom value field. Depending on the data type of the field you’re filtering, you’ll see a prompt to enter custom values in the correct format.
General improvements and bug fixes
- We’ve resolved an issue where the data source toggle for Include today's data would sometimes behave incorrectly.
- The label inside donut charts now obeys decimal place settings and is correctly formatted to display a thousands separator.
- Avatars on table widgets are always aligned to the left of the cell, regardless of the column's text alignment settings.
- We’ve fixed an issue in aggregation tables that meant cell text would not obey column text alignment settings if the cell text spanned multiple lines.
Highlights from your last dashboard builder release notes
In the last release notes we announced:
- You’re now able to add informational content to dashboards using the new content widget.
- All dashboard components can be augmented with instructions using a new instructions property for canvases, sections and widgets.
- It’s now possible to reference image data in tiles and tables.
If you missed them, you can read the last dashboard builder release notes.