Notes first published September 3, 2019
Update available from September 3, 2019
Smartabase's dashboard builder has some handy new features, which we're pleased to let you know about. Expect the 2.18 update to become available to you shortly.
Filter which select box options appear
You're now able to use select box widgets, date picker widgets or custom values to filter which options are available in a select box widget. This means you can, for example, choose a training phase and then a specific session type from within that phase, as in our example below.
Add custom gridlines to your XY scatter charts
Help people understand the distribution of data that you're displaying in an XY scatter chart widget with the addition of custom gridlines. You can choose to add gridlines to the X and Y axes and, additionally, specify how the gridline should be placed based on an aggregated value or according to a custom value you set in the chart properties.
Customize the placeholder text for tiles with no available data
You can now choose what message should display when there is no information available to display in a tile widget. For example, when a tile is set up to display a daily status but the information required to calculate status hasn't been entered by the players yet, you can ask people to check back later.
General improvements and bug fixes
Not a lot to report this time around!
- We improved the sidebar so you can edit chart series, chart gridlines, chart regions and table columns more easily.
- You can set table widget printing behavior so that all pages from a table will be included when someone chooses to print the dashboard.
- When you print a dashboard, any XY scatter chart widgets will resize to fit correctly.
You can contact your lead builder if you have any questions about building dashboards or visit the dashboard builder guide.
Highlights from your last dashboard builder newsletter
In your last newsletter we announced:
- Explore your data with the new radar chart widget
- More options for customizing widget titles and subtitles
If you missed it, you can read the last dashboard builder update here.