You can use the System messages tool to display information on the home page for people accessing Smartabase via a browser. Administrators often use these for short messages with major announcements, encouragement or for providing access to useful resources.
System messages support the use of basic HTML, so you can use text formatting or add links. If your Smartabase site uses resources, you can also use simple HTML to display any images and videos that are stored as resources.
This example shows a new system message that can be edited in the system messages tool. The title is what heading the message will appear under at the top of a user’s homepage. The body is where the content of the message goes.
The Auto open option can be ticked to have the message displayed automatically. If not set to open by default, people need to click the message title to see its body. For large messages, it's best not to use Auto open.
Steps to create a system message
- Log in to the administration interface.
- Select the System messages tool.
- Select Create new system message from the Options drop-down at the top of the page.
- Name the system message using the Title field.
- Compose the system message in the Body field.
- Set Auto open to the most suitable setting.
- Click Save.
- Enter the people, roles or groups (or a combination) to whom the system message should be displayed.
- Click Save.