The Application details tool is used by the site owner to edit a Smartabase site's details and general preferences. It is also used to apply site-wide theming using logo, banner and background images as well as customized CSS files.
If required by your organization, the following settings can be enabled from the Application details tool by the site owner (Smartabase):
- Administrator email: this is the email address of the person who will administer this application. All messages will be sent to this email.
- Application name: this is the name of your Smartabase application.
- Event conflict email: this is the email address of the person who will receive event conflict messages. These conflicts can be managed in the Data conflict management tool.
- Plan: you can choose for your Smartabase site to be accessible only by users who have an account generated for them by an administrator or allow visitors to the site to register for an account.
- Site location: this is the name of your site in your site URL (e.g. https://example.smartabase.com/sitelocation)
- Use SMS account: choose whether to use the SMS Account to limit how many SMS messages this application can send.
- UUID state: choose whether to generate a Smartabase ID, enter your own UUID or have no UUID field.
- Enable multi-factor authentication: select this option to make multi-factor authentication (MFA) mandatory across a Smartabase site.
- Multi-factor authentication method: if MFA is enabled, choose the preferred MFA communication channel setting. This is site-wide and determines which MFA code communication channel options (via authentication app, SMS or email) are available for everyone who uses the site. The MFA communication channel setting also restricts which options can be selected when setting up MFA requirements for a role. For example, if the communication channel is set to SMS in the Application details tool, people and roles will be restricted to the choice of SMS or Authentication app, and Email will not be shown as an option. More information about setting MFA preferences is available in our article on Smartabase roles.
- Password policy: set the site’s default password policy. This policy will apply to everyone’s password, unless an additional password policy has been applied to their role, in which case the strictest settings from both policies will apply.
The ability to set up role-specific password policies is enabled via the Allow other policies setting.
- Privacy officer email: any privacy-related notifications will be sent to this email address. This includes notifications that someone has withdrawn their consent from terms that they had previously agreed to. None will be sent if left blank.
- Require SSO for login: this means that people using your Smartabase site can log in via your organization's SSO provider instead of using their Smartabase username and password. This setting applies to people logging into Smartabase via a web browser or the Athlete app. When SSO is enabled and set up, you can choose which roles that SSO should be mandatory for. SSO can be set up with SAML or LTI credentials.
- Requires terms acceptance: if it is necessary for people to consent to specific organizational terms before using your Smartabase site, use this setting to make terms acceptance compulsory. You can learn more about how Smartabase handles consent in the article for terms documents.
- Terms and conditions: these can be displayed on the login page.
- Timeout: choose how long (in minutes) users may stay logged in for without activity.
Site theming preferences
- Advanced configuration: Show all events: when selecting an event form to enter data for, choose whether all event forms be shown by default or only show event forms after selecting a category.
- Athlete status: choose whether to use the Most Recent State or Worst State for a person's status.
- Background: the image to display in the background of Smartabase Online.
- Chart font: set the default chart font for Embedded charts.
- Collapse schedule intervals: collapse the length of the intervals shown on the Schedule and Appointments calendars to match the length of the intervals specified for the current event.
- Custom CSS: upload a file to customize the look and feel of Smartabase Online.
- Default chart properties: set the default chart properties for Embedded charts.
- Default notification duration time: set the length of time (in seconds) that default notifications should be shown for before auto-dismissal.
- Deprecated modules: functionality which has been deprecated is listed here (e.g. Summary statistics, Investigate and Grouping in the Reports tool). Untick to make each option invisible to people on your site. The related system permission will still be visible in roles but will not serve any purpose.
- Display new interface: enable the new interfaces for recently updated tools (e.g. dashboards, event forms, integrations management and user onboarding), by selecting the tick box next to the module name.
- Header image: the image to display in the top left corner of the header on Smartabase Online.
- Login banner: the image shown in the login banner on Smartabase Online.
- Mobile background image: the background image of the login page on the Smartabase Classic mobile app.
- Mobile custom CSS: upload a file to customize the look and feel of the Smartabase Classic mobile app.
- Mobile header image: the image to display in the header of the Smartabase Classic mobile app.
- PDF report CSS: optionally customize the layout and theme of your PDF reports using CSS.
- Preferred date format: choose your preferred date format (dd-MM-yyyy, dd/MM/yyyy, MM-dd-yyyy or MM/dd/yyyy).
- Report header image: the header image in PDF reports.
- Staff label: choose what to call someone with professional access on this application (e.g. coach, staff).
- Staff label plural: choose what to call multiple people with professional access on this application (e.g. coaches, staff).
- Use legacy search: use the old search page interface for Resources instead of the new one.
- Use new preview schedule: use the new Preview schedule interface instead of the old one.
- User label: choose what to call someone who is a member of a group on this application (e.g. athlete, player, patient, student).
- User label plural: choose what to call multiple people who are members of a group on this application (e.g. athletes, players, patients, students).
- Allow link of links: by enabling this, builders can link to a linked field from a different event form. This permission should ONLY be enabled with expressed permission from the organization and sign-off from an approved Smartabase team member.
- Allows owner access: allow extended owner access, so that being the owner of an object also automatically confers data permission for the object. This allows the owner of a form or dashboard to essentially bypass the process of adding data permissions for new objects to their role in order to see it on Smartabase Online or the mobile applications. This is helpful when they don’t have access to the administration interface and want to test entering or viewing data in a new object. This setting is disabled by default.
- Analytics connector: choose whether or not this application will allow forms to be synced to a data warehouse database.
- Attachments as resources: choose whether attachments for an event form are treated as Resources or not.
- Collapsible sections: choose whether the sections in event forms should be collapsible or not.
- Dashboard builder CDN and Dashboard builder release channel: these allow a site to be blocked from getting the latest Dashboard builder release.
- Download files: allow people to Download all (or a custom selection of) the files contained in event form records from the Reports tool or Performance history page. This includes files stored in file upload fields (File upload and Multiple file upload fields) and form attachments. The files are exported from Smartabase as a .zip file. When the Download files setting is enabled, access to it can be controlled on a role-by-role basis using the Download all files system permission.
- Enable APIv1 access: allow the Smartabase API (v1) to access the site. This property must be enabled for vendor connectors and bespoke integrations to function.
- Include dashboard builder: show the Dashboard builder tool on the builder interface.
- Quick edit: choose whether to allow certain fields in event forms to be quickly edited from places like reports.