When building an event form, you can use the URL generator field type. This field creates a URL for the viewer to copy and share outside Smartabase. The URL generator field can be set up to create links to:
- The record the URL was generated within (as in the example above).
- The profile page for the athlete.
- The home page for the athlete (with both sidebars open).
The URL generator field is available during data entry on Smartabase Online. It is not supported on the Athlete app or Kiosk app.
In the case that your Smartabase site undergoes a migration which shifts it to a new server or a different site location (URL), new links generated by the URL generator will use the updated site location. However, any links that were created prior to the migration won’t automatically update to use the new site location. If this affects you, please speak to your Smartabase consultant to discuss the best way to reconcile the historical records with the new URL.
Steps to build a form that uses a URL generator field
- Log in to the builder interface.
- Select the event forms tool.
- Select New Event Form from the Options drop-down.
- Name and categorize your new event form.
- Add a URL Generator field from the calculations menu.
- Name the URL generator field.
- Use the Calculation tab of the field’s properties to choose one of the following types:
- Save the event form.