The Smartabase Kiosk app means your organization can make use of a shared access point for Smartabase. With the Kiosk app, you can set up a kiosk device for people in your organization to quickly and easily record non-sensitive data, like gym attendance, training availability or session details. First, you’ll need to make sure your Smartabase site is prepared for Kiosk app use, then you can get started with the Kiosk app.
The Kiosk app is available from the App Store on iPads and from the Play Store on Android tablets. The app is currently supported for iPads on iOS 9.0 or later, and tablets on Android 8 or later. It cannot be used on older tablets and is not available for use on phones.
Your Smartabase administrator is responsible for making sure that you've got the right information to log into the Kiosk app - your site location and username. You'll also need to know your password.
There are some important things to know about logging into the Kiosk app:
- Install and log in to the Kiosk app.
- Reset the password.
- Set up each kiosk for its intended use.
- Be aware of our recommendations for using the Kiosk app.
Steps to install and log into the Kiosk app
- Scan the QR code below, then download the Smartabase Kiosk app.
Alternatively, open the iOS App Store (for iPad users) or Google Play Store (for Android tablet users) on the tablet and search for "Smartabase Kiosk." Its icon looks like the one shown here:
If you are an Android user and are unable to access the Google Play Store, you can download the Android APK file for the Smartabase Kiosk app here.
- Follow the prompts to download and install the Kiosk app.
- Open the Kiosk app and view the login screen.
- Enter the URL for your Smartabase site (e.g. https://learn.smartabase.com/education). Make sure you don't add any extra spaces at the beginning or end.
- Enter the username and password for the Kiosk app account.
If you don't know your site URL or username, contact your organizations' Smartabase administrator.
- If the kiosk is going to be used by a single account every time, you can tick the box that enables the app to Remember the site and username.
- Select the Log in button.
- You can set a PIN for this device to make logging into the Kiosk app faster next time. If you choose to skip this step, you will also be able to set a PIN in the Kiosk settings once logged in.
- Read the Kiosk terms and conditions of use and, if you agree to them, select the Accept and continue button.
Reset the password
If you want to log into the Kiosk app but can't remember the Smartabase password, you can reset the password on the Kiosk app.
You will need to know the Smartabase site URL and have access to the email address associated with the kiosk account so you can retrieve the password reset link. If this is not the case, contact your organizations' Smartabase administrator.
Keep in mind that if the kiosk account details are shared with other people, you will need to notify them that the password has been changed.
- Open the Kiosk app to view the login screen.
- Click the Forgot password button to open the password reset screen.
- Enter the Smartabase site URL and the email address for the kiosk screen.
- Tap the Submit button.
- Smartabase will send an email with a link to reset the kiosk account password. The link will be sent to the email address that is linked to the kiosk account.
- Click the link to open your browser. Follow the prompts to reset the password.
- In the Kiosk app, tap the arrow in the top left corner of the screen to return to the login screen.
- Use the new password to log into the Kiosk app.
Because your kiosk is going to be used by multiple people, it’s really important to keep some key considerations in mind:
- The purpose of the Kiosk app is for athletes, students, operators or similar members of your organization to record non-sensitive data about themselves.
- As the Kiosk app account owner, you’re responsible for making sure people know how to use the Kiosk app to enter their data.
- You should ensure that the kiosk device is in a safe location and isn’t accessible to the public when in use.
- As the account owner, you must log out of the Kiosk app and store the device securely when it’s not being used.
- Once a PIN has been set up for the Kiosk app, you must keep the PIN secure - don’t store it near the kiosk device.