You need to log into Smartabase to enter or view data. Your organization's Smartabase administrator is responsible for making sure that you've got the right information to log into Smartabase - that is, your Smartabase site URL and username. If you aren't sure what these details are, please reach out to your organization. You'll also need to know your password. If you aren't sure what your password is, you can reset it following the instructions below. Some important things to know about logging in:
- Downloading the Athlete app.
- Logging into the Athlete app.
- Logging in using a magic link.
- Logging in when offline.
- Other login processes
Downloading the Smartabase Athlete app
The Smartabase Athlete app is a free mobile application available on the Apple and Google Play stores.
Scan the QR code below, then download the Smartabase Athlete app.
Alternatively, open the Apple Store (for iPhone users) or Google Play Store (for Android users) on your phone and search for "Smartabase Athlete". Its icon looks like the one shown here:
If you are an Android user and are unable to access the Google Play Store, you can download the Android APK file for the Smartabase Athlete app here.
Logging into the Smartabase Athlete app
- Open the Athlete app to view the login screen.
- Enter your Site URL (for example, learn.smartabase.com/mysite).
- Enter your Smartabase Username.
If you don't know your site URL or username, contact your organization.
- If you would like the app to remember your details, tick Remember site and username.
- Read and agree to the Smartabase Terms of service and, if applicable, your organization's Terms and conditions by ticking the box. If your organization has not provided any terms and conditions, you will only need to agree to the Smartabase terms. You must agree to any available terms before you can log into the app.
- Select Continue to proceed.
- Enter your Smartabase password, then select Log in. If you are unsure what your password is, you can reset it using the steps below.
If your organization has single sign on (SSO) enabled on your Smartabase site, a pop-up message will ask if you would like to proceed to your SSO provider. Interact with your SSO provider as required and you will be logged into the Athlete app. If SSO is configured with your Teamworks account, a button will appear at the bottom of the screen after entering your site URL.
Once you have logged into the Athlete app with your credentials, you may receive some additional prompts regarding:
- Multi-factor authentication.
- Setting a PIN or biometric login.
- Connected apps.
If multi-factor authentication is enabled, you’re required to authenticate yourself by providing a code. You can choose how you want to authenticate on the Athlete app or through your account settings in Smartabase Online. For more information, refer to the multi-factor authentication article.
Terms of service and your consent
You will be prompted to agree to the Smartabase Terms of service on the login screen; however, your organization may require you to agree to additional terms of service when logging into Smartabase. If so, you will be shown the terms after logging in and prompted to agree or disagree to them. If you accept the terms, you will be logged into the Smartabase site. If you do not accept the terms, you will not be permitted to log into the Smartabase site and you will be returned to the login screen. You may either need to accept the terms each time you log in or on your first login only.
You are able to withdraw your consent to your organizations' terms of service at any time. When you do that, your organization will be notified. To view the terms you have previously accepted or withdraw your consent to any of the terms, you’ll need to follow these steps.
- From the Athlete app home screen, navigate to the Settings.
- Open the Privacy settings.
- Tap to View terms of service.
- To withdraw your consent from the Smartabase terms and conditions of use, return to the Settings screen and select the Log out option to log out of the app.
To withdraw your consent from your organization's terms of service (e.g. Terms document shown in the animation below), uncheck the tick box beside the terms. Tap the Update consent button to save your updates and confirm your withdrawal of consent in the pop-up window.
- You will be logged out of Smartabase and redirected to the login screen.
If you change your mind, you can log into the app using your Smartabase credentials and agree to the terms again.
Setting a PIN or biometric login
You can choose to set up a PIN or biometric login to make logging into the Athlete app even quicker.
If you skip this step during login, you can set up a PIN or biometric login later by following these steps:
- From the Athlete app home screen, open the Settings.
- Tap the Security option.
- Under Quick login, set the toggle to enable PIN login.
- Follow the prompts and enter your password to set your PIN.
- Tap Set up PIN.
- Create a 4-digit PIN.
- Confirm your PIN choice.
- To enable biometric login, return to the Security screen and set the toggle to Use biometric login.
Authorize and manage connected apps
If your organization has enabled the Apple Health, Oura Ring, Polar or Garmin Health integrations, prompts will be provided when you log into the Athlete app to help you sync data from these accounts to your Smartabase account. If you skip this step, you can configure the integrations later through the Connected apps section in the app Settings.
To stop syncing data to Smartabase, go to Settings > Connected apps, select the relevant third-party software, then use the toggle to disable the connection.
For more information about connected apps, see our articles on each integration:
Reset your password
If you want to log into the Athlete app but can't remember your Smartabase password, follow these steps.
- Open the Athlete app to view the login screen.
- Enter your site URL (for example, learn.smartabase.com/mysite).
- Enter your Smartabase username.
- Read and agree to the Smartabase Terms of service and, if applicable, your organization's Terms and conditions by ticking the box. If your organization has not provided any terms and conditions, you will only need to agree to the Smartabase terms. You must agree to all terms before you can proceed.
- Select Continue to proceed.
- Select the Forgot password button.
- Enter the Site URL from step 2 above and enter the Email address for your Smartabase user account.
- Tap the Next button.
- Confirm your email address in the pop-up window by tapping the Confirm button.
- Smartabase will send you an email with a link to reset your password. The link will open in your browser.
- Follow the prompts to reset your password.
- In the Athlete app, tap the Back text at the top of the screen to return to the login page.
- Use your new password to log into the Athlete app.
Logging in using a magic link
You can log into the Athlete app using a magic link. A magic link is sent to you via email so you can log into Smartabase without filling in your site URL or username. When you follow the link, you’ll be prompted to create a new password in order to log in. If you tap on the link using a mobile device that doesn’t have the Athlete app installed, you’ll be redirected to a website with a link to the appropriate app store for the device.
The link will expire one hour after you receive it. Each magic link can only be used once.
Logging in when offline
If you anticipate using the Athlete app without an internet connection or with an unreliable internet connection, you can configure the app in advance to support Offline use. This will allow you to enter data into forms regardless of whether you have a network connection. Records you enter while offline will be automatically synced to Smartabase when your internet connection is reinstated, the app is open in the foreground and you're logged into your account.
In order to use the app when offline, you first need to complete two tasks:
- Log into the app at least once from your mobile device while online.
- Download any forms that you regularly use, or might expect to use when offline.
Logging in while online will allow your credentials (including PIN and biometric data, if set) to be stored in your device's keychain. If you lose your network connection at a later date, you'll be able to open the app and log in with the credentials stored in the keychain.
If you usually log in with a PIN but forget the code while offline, you will need to wait until your network connection is restored as you will not be able to use your password as an alternative option.
You will then be able to log into the app using your password, PIN or biometric login when you do not have an internet connection. If this is not the case, you will need to wait until you have an internet connection to be able to log into the app.
Your connection status is indicated by a banner in the Athlete app. In the screenshot below, an orange banner indicates that the app is offline. When the network connection is restored, a green banner will be displayed to indicate that the app is online. The online banner disappears a few seconds after the network connection is restored.
Some features are not available while offline:
- The ability to edit your account settings.
- Privacy policies.
- Links to the Help Center.
- Entries that were created while online.
These features will be greyed out and a notification message will be shown if applicable.