The Smartabase application can be used by anyone with a Smartabase account to access the site on a mobile device. You need to log into Smartabase to enter or view data.
Your organization's Smartabase administrator is responsible for making sure that you've got the right information to log into Smartabase - that is, your site URL and username. If you aren't sure what these details are, please reach out to your organization.
You'll also need to know your password. If you aren't sure what your password is, you can reset it following the instructions below.
You should not share your Smartabase login credentials (username, password or PIN) with anyone. If you believe someone has access to your credentials, we recommend that you reset your password immediately.
Some important things to know about logging in:
- Downloading the Smartabase app.
- Logging into the Smartabase app.
- Other login processes:
- Resetting your password.
Downloading the Smartabase App
The Smartabase app is a free mobile application available on the Apple and Google Play stores.
Open the Apple Store (for iPhone users) or Google Play Store (for Android users) on your phone and search for "Smartabase". Its icon looks like the one shown here:
Logging into the Smartabase App
- Open the Smartabase app to view the login screen.
- Enter your Site URL (for example, learn.smartabase.com/mysite).
- Enter your Smartabase Username.
If you don't know your site URL or username, contact your organization.
- Enter your Smartabase Password. If you are unsure what your password is, you can reset it using the steps below.
If your organization has single sign on (SSO) enabled on your Smartabase site, a button will appear on the login screen after entering the site URL allowing you to Login with your Single Sign-On Provider.
Accept any Terms and conditions, select the button and interact with your SSO provider as required to log into the Smartabase app.
- If you would like the app to remember your details, tick Remember me. If you close the app without signing out, your credentials will be saved for the next time you open the app.
- Read and agree to the Smartabase Terms of service. You must agree to any available terms before you can log into the app.
- Select Sign in to proceed.
The first time you use the app, you’ll need to log in with your account details. If you chose for the app to remember your account (step 5 above), the next time you open the app you’ll be shown which site and account you were previously logged in with. From here, you can continue to sign in with that account. This may be useful if you work across multiple Smartabase sites or accounts. Any credentials that you’ve used to log into a Smartabase account and chosen to remember will be saved to your device so that you can easily sign back into the account later.
To switch to a different account or to log in with a new account, select Use another account .
You can also switch to a different account while signed into the app, without needing to log out first. Navigate to the Settings tab and select your account at the top of the page. From the menu, select Switch accounts. In addition to the account that you’re currently signed in with, all of the accounts that you’ve previously signed into will be listed under Available accounts. To switch to one of these accounts, select the relevant Sign in button. Alternatively, use the link at the bottom of the screen to sign into a new account.
To remove an available account, navigate to Settings > Account > Switch accounts screen. Swipe right on an available account and select the Remove button.
Other login processes
Once you have logged into the Smartabase app with your credentials, you may receive some additional prompts regarding:
If multi-factor authentication is enabled, you’re required to authenticate yourself by providing a code. You can choose how you want to authenticate on the app or through your account settings in Smartabase Online. For more information, refer to the multi-factor authentication article.
If using an authenticator app, you can paste an MFA code into the Smartabase app, rather than entering the number manually.
Setting a PIN or biometric login
You can choose to set up a PIN or biometric login to make logging into the Smartabase app even quicker.
If you skip this step during login, you can set up a PIN or biometric login later by following these steps:
- Open the Settings tab.
- Select Security.
- Under Quick login, tap the relevant toggle to enable PIN or biometric login.
- Follow the prompts to set a 4-digit PIN or biometric login. To set a PIN, enter your account password.
Terms of service and your consent
You will be prompted to agree to the Smartabase Terms of service on the login screen; however, your organization may require you to agree to additional terms of service when logging into Smartabase. If so, you will be shown the terms after logging in and prompted to agree or disagree to them. If you accept the terms, you will be logged into the Smartabase site. If you do not accept the terms, you will not be permitted to log into the Smartabase site and you will be returned to the login screen. You may either need to accept the terms each time you log in or on your first login only.
You are able to withdraw your consent to your organizations' terms of service at any time. When you do that, your organization will be notified. For more information on viewing the terms you have previously accepted or withdrawing your consent to any of the terms, see our article on Managing your Account in the Smartabase app.
To withdraw your consent from the Smartabase terms and conditions of use, log out of the app.
Resetting your password
If you want to log into the Smartabase app but can't remember your account password, follow these steps.
- Open the app to view the login screen.
- Select Forgot password at the bottom of the screen.
- Enter the Smartabase Site URL and the Email address associated with your account. If you don't know these details, please contact your organization's Smartabase administrator.
- Select the Send reset link button.
- Smartabase will send you an email with a link to reset your password. The link will open in your browser.
- Follow the prompts to reset your password.
- In the app, tap the back icon at the top of the screen to return to the login page.
- Use your new password to log into the app.