Notemeal, the leading athlete performance nutrition platform, enables performance dietitians to develop personalized meal plans at scale while also analyzing and educating athletes on optimal fuel choices through the Sports Dietitian Platform. Notemeal's Performance Kitchen creates a personalized digital experience for athletes that responds to each day's menu, and nutrient targets, to increase performance.
Within Smartabase you can look at the calorie and macro content (carbohydrate, protein and fat) for each meal entered into Notemeal for an athlete. For a deeper analysis, you can also combine this data with various other health and wellness information and data points to gain more meaningful performance insights.
Setting up your Smartabase site to integrate with Notemeal
What we need from you
Please generate the client credentials for the API from the Notemeal portal. If you require assistance with this, please contact Notemeal. Make sure the client-id and client-secret are active before sharing the credentials with your Smartabase consultant.
What Smartabase will do
Your Smartabase consultant will lodge a request for your site to be whitelisted and enabled for the Notemeal integration. This will be completed by the Smartabase Integrations team.
Your Smartabase consultant will add the Notemeal event form (which will store your data) and Notemeal profile form (used for account mapping) to your site. You can work with your consultant to ensure the appropriate roles have access to view this information, as well as any dashboards set up to visualise the data.
Please speak to your Smartabase consultant before adding any new fields to the Notemeal event form as it may have unintended consequences.
Once the Notemeal connector is set up and people’s accounts have been mapped (using the steps below), any new data will automatically be synced between the two platforms. Data is typically synced every hour, however the sync time can be configured by your Smartabase consultant. To back sync historical data, please contact your Smartabase consultant.
How are people’s accounts mapped between Notemeal and Smartabase?
Smartabase uses Athlete ID to map people’s accounts between the platforms. When this integration is initially set up, your Smartabase consultant will be able to retrieve and map this information for you. The values are imported into the Notemeal profile form using the standard data import process:
- Open the Smartabase main application on a web browser. Ensure you’ve loaded a group that contains all the people that you’re mapping.
- Select Import profile data. Provided you have permission to do this, it will appear as a front page button or within the navigation bar.
- Choose the Notemeal profile form.
- Add a CSV file containing the list of people to map and their Athlete ID (this can be provided by your Smartabase consultant), then click Upload. You do not need to generate a template for this task.
- Choose the appropriate identifiers from the dropdown. These will be the columns containing the names of the people you’re mapping. If the names aren’t an exact match, you’ll be able to manually search for and map the correct people to the names in the file.
- Confirm the CSV columns have mapped correctly to the form.
- Click Next, then click Import.
To add people after this initial import, you can either add the details for an individual using profile data entry or complete the import process above for multiple new accounts at once. Your Smartabase consultant will be happy to provide guidance throughout this process.