This integration guide is specifically for STATSports Sonra. For information on other STATSports technologies, please speak to your Smartabase consultant.
STATSports Sonra’s GPS technology can help coaches prepare their athletes for competition and effectively manage their training workloads. Integrating STATSports Sonra (or other wearable technology data) provides opportunities for directly comparing objective workloads and exertion to other information stored in Smartabase. For example, you could overlay injuries with daily distance or workload to better understand the loads an athlete may have been experiencing around the time of an injury.
Setting up your Smartabase site to integrate with STATSports Sonra
What we need from you
Not much! We’ll just need you to reach out to your STATSports Sonra contact and request your GUID number (your Smartabase consultant can help you with this). Once you’ve confirmed you’d like to go ahead with the integration and provided your GUID, Smartabase will set it up for you.
What Smartabase will do
Your Smartabase consultant will add the STATSports SONRA event form to your site, which will connect with and store all data from STATSports Sonra, along with the STATSports SONRA profile form, used to store account mapping information. You can work with your Smartabase consultant to ensure the appropriate roles have access to view this information, as well as any dashboards set up to visualize the data.
Please speak to your Smartabase consultant before adding any new fields to the STATSports SONRA event form as this may have unintended consequences.
Once connected, data is typically synced every 45 minutes, however the sync time can be configured by your Smartabase consultant.
How are people’s accounts mapped between STATSports Sonra and Smartabase?
There are two different methods that can be used to map people’s accounts between STATSports Sonra and Smartabase.
The first method uses people's Smartabase UUID to map to the Custom Player ID field in their STATSports Sonra account. If this method is used, you will not need to add the STATSports SONRA profile form to your site.
We recommend using the above method to map people's accounts between STATSports Sonra and Smartabase. Different naming conventions are often used when mapping accounts via the second method which results in multiple mapping IDs being created.
The second method relies on the STATSports Sonra Athlete ID to map people's accounts between the two platforms. Your Smartabase consultant will retrieve the STATSports Sonra Athlete IDs and import them into the STATSports SONRA profile form on Smartabase using the standard data import process outlined below. While this process is generally completed by a Smartabase consultant, it is possible to do this yourself provided you have the correct permissions to do so.
- Log into Smartabase Online (using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox). Ensure you’ve loaded a group that contains all the people that you’re mapping.
- Select the Import profile data button which will appear as a front page button or within the navigation bar.
- Choose the STATSports SONRA profile form.
- Add a CSV file containing the list of people to map and their Athlete ID numbers, then click Upload. You do not need to generate a template for this task.
- Choose the appropriate Identifiers from the dropdown. These will be the columns containing the names of the people you’re mapping. If the names aren’t an exact match, you’ll be able to manually search for and map the correct people to the names in the file.
- Confirm the CSV columns have mapped correctly to the form.
- Click Next, then click Import.
To add people after this initial import, you can either add the details for an individual to their profile or complete the import process for multiple new accounts at once. Your Smartabase consultant will be happy to provide guidance throughout this process.