Notes first published September 13, 2022
Update available from September 12, 2022
Version 6.12 of Smartabase is being gradually released now and includes:
Introduction of magic links
This release introduces magic links to Smartabase, which are designed to make it easier to onboard people from your organization into Smartabase. Magic links allow people to log into Smartabase without needing to know their site URL or username. They will be prompted to create a password in order to log in.
A Smartabase administrator can use the People tool to create and automatically email a magic link to a selected person. To do this, open a user account and click Generate login link, which causes the link to be sent as an email from Smartabase.
Magic links can also be shown on the Smartabase Kiosk app. For more information, refer to our article on User onboarding with the Kiosk app.
Introduction of API V3 and webhooks
Version 3 of our API (API V3) is now available in beta mode. The ability to create and manage webhooks is one of the first new features of API V3 that we’re releasing. Webhooks allow you to subscribe to some changes in the data on your Smartabase site, instead of needing to repeatedly poll the system for changes to data.
If you would like more information about API V3 or webhooks, please contact your Smartabase consultant.
- We’ve continued making improvements to background job processing and queue logging. This means Smartabase can handle queued actions (like Smart saves and historical calculations) more efficiently and with fewer errors.
- We’ve fixed an issue that caused the add multiple option for administrators (used for adding more than one person to a role or group, for example) to fail. This should now work as expected.
- We’ve updated the placement of the Copy from group button in the Groups tool. It is now aligned with the other buttons in the Athletes section.
- We’ve resolved an issue for enterprise environments that caused people to be removed from groups on all sites instead of the site in use. This bug occurred when the Remove existing option for groups was used during the user import process and affected user accounts on the import list that were already present on other sites.
Highlights from your last Smartabase release notes
In the last release notes, for version 6.11 of Smartabase, we announced:
- A new sidebar for adding people to groups and roles.
- Ability to set favorite dashboards.
- General improvements.
- Bug fixes.
If you missed those release notes, you can read them here.